Insect: Remove stinger, if present, with a scraping motion of the fingernail. Apply a cold compress.
Call the office if …
- Hives (a generalized raised red rash).
- Mild difficult breathing or wheezing or “tightness “ in chest, nose or throat.
- Nausea or vomiting, and or collapse.
Call 911 if… Severe difficulty breathing or collapse
Human or Animal: Wash with clean water and soap. (Follow Cuts, Scrapes and Bleeding instructions).
Call office if…
- Unknown dog or cat or if it is a wild animal.
- Increasing redness or pain at the site of the bite over the next 24 hours.
*NOTE: Protection against tetanus should be considered whenever the skin is broken, if last tetanus vaccine was greater than 5 years ago.